Sunday, January 18, 2009

More funnies

We took the kids out to dinner last night to our favorite Asian restaurant. The kids love it because they can play sword fights with their chop sticks, and Cole can put them in his mouth mimicking a walrus. (Calm down, we don't actually let them have sword fights with the chopsticks)

Here is a small run down of the meal.

Cole, after he gets his menu says "I would like to order some fresh perspective."

Paul and I both looked at ourselves, speechless, wondering where in the heck he got that from.

Once the food comes, all of the kids are determined to figure out how to use chopsticks, and forks are no use here. We look over at Julia, and she has it nailed! She has a piece of sesame chicken pinned between her two chopsticks. Paul and I are pretty impressed, since I myself cannot do that, I don't even try. Yes, I eat sushi with a fork. So what.

We look at her again, and bam, it drops on the floor. We shouldn't have even brought any attention to it. She continues to try to eat with the chopsticks, and decides if she can't do it with the chopsticks, then she will eat like our dog, Oliver, does, just dig her mouth into the plate. Uh, no.

As we are finishing up, Adelyne ate two pieces of Sushi, and Cole tried some. Then Cole yells out "Oh my tenders!" Dawson falls into hysterics, along with the rest of us. Paul and I are eagerly trying to get Julia to finish up so we can get out of there.

Ah, the joy of children in a restaurant.

1 comment:

Rogers Family said...

I am admired you try to take the kids out. We don't try pizza is as far as we get. Good times at the restaurant!