Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Dad


Yesterday was the 5 year mark since my father passed away. I miss him very much. Here is one of my favorite pictures of him. Whenever I look at this photo, I can instantly remember so much about him, his calm demeanor, his voice, the way he said "Hello!" whenever I called home. He was just always sitting back watching and sometimes ignoring all of us girls (sometimes that was the only way to survive a house full of girls, until my little brother came along), but I know he cared, and I know that we were all that mattered to him.

Although I have always been thankful that he no longer had to suffer when he passed away, it still never takes away the pain of loosing your father, but it does help to know that he is no longer suffering. I never knew how hard it was to loose someone you love until he passed away, and he is and always will be missed by everyone who knew him.

3 comments:

Sarah Carlston said...

Oh my gosh....I havent been able to post anything about him because I didnt want to cry....I read this and just sat here and cried my eyes out. I love this picture too and I might have to steal it to put on my blog...... :)

Unknown said...

I know what you mean Sarah. I started crying while I was typing it, and had to cut it short. I miss him.

pcederholm said...

My thoughts are with you Sugar, I am sorry you are hurting from the loss of your dad and the anniversary of his passing. I love you. How about a back massage to comfort you?
XOXO Paul