Monday, June 8, 2009

Future Planning



So, Miss Julia is already thinking about her future. None of my older kids have thought this far ahead, if they did, it was only to tell me that they don't want to be a Dad (Cole) because then he can't have his toys anymore.

Julia today asked me how I found Dad (Paul). I told her that a friend introduced us (thanks Alicia). She seemed to understand that, and then proceeded on to ask me if I held his hand and if I kissed him. I told her yes, and she said "Why do people who like each other do that? Why do they kiss?" I told her that's what you do when you are in love. About an hour later, I was sitting down with her, eating lunch, (me Thai salmon and salad, her just salad), and out of the blue she says "Mom, I am not going to have a husband when I get older." I said "Why?" She said, "It's just too hard to find one! How am I ever going to find one? How did you find Dad?" So I went on to explain to her that we went dancing, and met there, and she burst into giggles.

The kids are out of school for the summer on Wednesday, and it's warming up here. Cole needed a haircut, and I was lazy, so I buzzed it all off, using summer for my excuse. He looks pretty cute I think!








No comments: